Joseph C. Moffa
B.B.A. Degree in accounting Florida Atlantic University (1980)
M.B.A. Degree (1982) from Florida Atlantic University (1982)
J.D. Degree from the University of Miami School of Law (1984).
Joe Moffa is the founder and managing shareholder of the firm. Joe Moffa concentrates in the area of state taxation and has been a licensed Certified Public Accountant since 1982 and a licensed member of the Florida Bar since 1984. Prior to practicing law, Mr. Moffa worked with Deloitte and Touche for over 10 years, the last 4 years of which he led the firm's Florida State And Local Tax (SALT) practice. Since opening a law firm in 1991, Mr. Moffa has defended clients in almost every industry in Florida and has been a frequent lecturer and author on state tax topics for various professional groups and organizations.
Mr. Moffa has been awarded the DISCUSSION LEADER OF THE YEAR AWARD for 2011 and 2012 by the Florida Institute of CPAs.
- United States Tax Court
- The Florida Bar
- The Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- The Greater Ft. Lauderdale Tax Counsel (President 1998)
- FICPA State Tax Committee (Chairman 1998)
- Member of the Executive Council of the Florida Bar Tax Section. (1998)
SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS (partial list):
- 26th Annual Tax Conference - Speaker - Tampa, FL - May 30, 2013
- FICPA 2013 Florida Keys Chapter Weekend – Florida's Wonderful World of Sales Tax – Key West, FL, May 17, 2013
- FICPA 2013 CPAs in Industry Conference – Florida Sales Tax Update - March 21, 2013
The Greater Fort Lauderdale Tax Counsel – Florida's Wonderful World of Sales Tax, Fort Lauderdale, FL, January 25, 2013
FICPA – Sales and Use Tax Update, Fort Lauderdale, November 14, 201
FICPA 2012 Gulf Coast University Accounting Conference - Florida Sales Tax Update – Ft Meyers, FL, October 25, 2012
FICPA Accounting Show – Florida Sales Tax Update, Fort Lauderdale, FL, September 2012
- FICPA – FLORIDA SALES AND USE TAX ISSUES, June 2012, Tampa, FL
- FICPA – FLORIDA SALES AND USE TAX ISSUES, November 2011, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- GULF COAST UNIVERSITY ACCOUNTING CONFERENCE, FL October 2011, Ft Meyers, Florida Sales Tax Update
- FICPA – FLORIDA SALES TAX ISSUES, JUNE 24, 2011 – Ft Lauderdale, FL - need-to-know information regarding sales and use tax in Florida for public CPAs
- FICPA NOT-FOR-PROFIT CONFERENCE, June 2 -3, 2011, Tampa, FL, SALES TAX FOR 501(c)(3) and Other Not-For Profits
- FICPA - FL BAR -STATE TAX CONFERENCE, May 21, 2011, Orlando, FL, SALES TAX AUDIT – FLORIDA CASE STUDY
- GULF COAST UNIVERSITY ACCOUNTING CONFERENCE, October 28, 2010, Ft Meyers, FL, Florida Sales Tax Update
- UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH FLORIDA ACCOUNTING CONFERENCE, October 22, 2010, Tampa, FL, Tax Implications for Business in Troubled Times
- FICPA ACCOUNTING SHOW, September 30, 2010, Ft Lauderdale, FL, Sales Tax Audit – Florida Case Study
- FICPA - FL BAR -STATE TAX CONFERENCE, May 21, 2010, Orlando, FL, Sales Tax Audit – Florida Case Study
- FLORIDA SALES TAX AUDITS – When is an Assessment an Assessment, CPA Today Magazine, March/April 2011, by Joseph C. Moffa, CPA, Esq. and Gerald J. Donnini II
- FORM OVER SUBSTANCE – CPA Today Magazine, 1994, Joseph C. Moffa, CPA, Esq.
- DROP SHIPMENTS – CPA Today Magazine, 1993, Joseph C. Moffa, CPA, Esq.
- FLORIDA CORPORATE INCOME TAX – Multi-State Planning Opportunities – State Tax Notes, August 1990, Joseph C. Moffa, CPA, Esq.
Note: While Mr. Moffa's primary practice area is Federal, state, and local tax law, he has not been board certified in tax by the Florida Bar.
CONTACT US TO DISCUSS YOUR CASE