MBA, Audit Manager
Bachelors Degree in Arts with a minor in Accounting from Texas Southern University (1992)
MBA from the University of Miami (1996)
Valarie Romeo joined the firm's Fort Lauderdale office in October 2013 and brings with her more than 11 years of experience working with the Florida Department of Revenue, which proves instrumental in the review and administration of Florida tax audits for clients in all industries.
Valarie has a bachelors degree in Arts with a minor in Accounting from Texas Southern University (1992) and a MBA from the University of Miami (1996). After spending 3 years in the collections division, Valarie spent more than 8 years as state tax auditor with a focus on the following areas:
- Audit books of original and closing entry for multi-state and international corporations based on applicable tax law.
- Trace transactions through journals and ledgers, tied to financial statements as well as Federal tax returns.
- Examine and analyze taxpayer accounting systems, determining reliability of records and internal controls.
- Perform an objective tax audit of relevant, factual data and apply the Florida tax laws in an impartial manner.
- Prepare and submit comprehensive technical audit reports including the basis for tax liabilities.
- Audit in-state and out-of-state business entities for major suspected fraud cases or legal action.
- Assist taxpayers' management in the proper administration of Florida Tax Statutes.
- Provides technical advice, based on understanding of experience with tax laws and legal applications, to fellow auditors, taxpayers and taxpayers' representatives.
- Apply time management strategies to review and schedule case workload.
- Stay current on legislative changes and administrative tax rules utilizing Florida State Tax Law and Statutes.
CONTACT US TO DISCUSS YOUR CASE